ORIFLAME: SUSTAINABLY MAGICAL ON WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
Today, June 5, 2019, at the World Environment Day, what better than unboxing a beauty brand from Sweden! What makes them unique is their endeavour to get closer to nature and to ensure a sustainable future for everyone and the world around.
As they put it simply, “Sustainability, the Oriflame way.”
Some of Oriflame’s key sustainable initiatives:
- 100% of their catalogue paper in India comes from forests that are independently certified as sustainably managed.
- In 2017, 21% of the energy consumption at their manufacturing sites came from renewable sources.
- Since 2014, the brand is only using natural origin exfoliants.
- In 2011, Oriflame started using post-consumer recycled plastics in some of their tubes.
- In 2017, 99% of their waste avoided landfills, the vast majority was sent for recycle.
- Ecobeauty is the most natural, ethical and environmentally responsible range.
- The brand uses only biodegradable cleansing ingredients in Love Nature range to reduce impact on water contamination and scarcity.
- Oriflame has sponsored education of over 7,000 girls.
- Oriflame Foundation has raised €9 million since 2007 to empower children and young women.
- In 2017, the brand became a member of the Responsible Mica Initiative, to eradicate child labour and improper working conditions.
Continuing to produce beauty and wellness products, inspired by nature, Oriflame is steadfastly forging ahead.
More power to your beauty and wellness range, Oriflame! This journey shall never end!